Music lessons are more than just an activity. They boost academic performance, creativity, memory, and self-confidence—and the joy of music is something that will stay with you through life. At Lochwood Academy, you can start any time and stay enrolled for as long as you like. Should you need to withdraw or pause your enrollment, simply submit written notice before the first of the month.
A mandatory non-refundable registration fee is due upon registration. All students must register before scheduling and/or starting lessons.
All changes of any kind, must be approved by the Lochwood office. ie. Adding or subtracting lesson time, adding or subtracting instruments, etc.
Each half hour lesson is scheduled for one instrument. ie. For the student's continuity and progress, we do not do piano one week and violin the next week (or some combination of two instruments within the same half hour).
ARTISTRY & ELITE TUITION
--All payments are due according to the installment schedule
to avoid a $15 LATE FEE. To avoid late
fees we suggest setting auto pay through your payment
portal account or setup a bill pay through your bank account.
Cash/Check is also accept through the studio payment box.
--No matter how many lessons may fall in any given month,
the installment amount remains the same.
- 1st Installment - August 24th
- 2nd Installment - October 1st
- 3rd Installment - November 1st
- 4th Installment - December 1st
- 5th Installment - January 1st
- 6th Installment - February 1st
- 7th Installment - March 1st
- 8th Installment - April 1st
- 9th Installment - May 1st
We offer a small discount for families who have 3 or more students taking private lessons. We offer a discount for those families who would like to pay upfront for the year via cash/check. Cannot be combined with any other discounts.
Classes are based off of a yearly tuition. Installment Plans are available through the office.
Adult's are offered the opportunity to take lessons on a "pay-as-you-take" basis. Lessons are scheduled on a regular, recurring basis.
"Pay-As-You-Take" or "4-Lesson Bundle" plans are available.
MUSIC BOOKS & SUPPLIES
Artistry & Elite Programs: Music books are included.
Adult & Pay-As-You-Take Programs: Music books are not included, but can be purchased through the studio.
RCM Exams: Students who choose to participate will be assessed a $25 materials fee.
Supplies: ie. Strings, reeds, etc. can be purchased through the studio.
*due to copyright laws, no photocopies should be given to the student.
AWARENESS OF DATES, EVENTS, AND CHANGES
It is the responsibility of the parent, legal guardian or adult student to be aware of all studio activities, such as dress rehearsals, performances/recitals, extra rehearsals, and dates the studio is open or closed. This information will be posted at the studio and on the student hub website. It is the parent, legal guardian or adult student to regularly check this information. It is the responsibility of the parent, legal guardian or adult student to inform Lochwood of any address, email, or telephone number changes.
Artistry & Elite Program:
- Only two makeups/reschedules will be considered during the school year (one per semester and makeup must be done in the same semester) are allowed for student absence. Makeups will be considered based on the teachers availability. Otherwise, Lochwood Academy has a strict no-makeup policy. This includes “rescheduling” lessons here and there just for the student’s convenience. This is a matter of fairness to all of the Lochwood Academy teachers and students. Please understand that due to the schedules of the teachers, we will not make a habit of changing this policy.
- Lessons will be considered forfeited if student is a "no-show" or gives less than 24-hour notice of cancellation.
- Classes can not be made up or rescheduled for a students absence.
- As a "pay-as-you-take" student, there are no makeups or rescheduling of lessons. We ask for a 24-hour notice of any cancellation. With no notification or less than 24-hours before the lesson, the lesson will be invoiced.
- Students on scholarship are only permitted make-up lessons for those missed by the teacher, not for activities outside the studio.
Lochwood reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach. If a teacher is out and Lochwood cannot arrange a substitute, any missed lesson will be made up and not counted towards your (2) makeups allotment.
If Lochwood must cancel lessons/classes due to extreme weather or events beyond our control, the missed lessons/classes will be rescheduled at another time. If rescheduled class/lesson is missed, it will not be rescheduled again.
WITHDRAWAL PROCEDURES (ARTISTRY, ELITE, ADULT PROGRAMS)
Written notice to the office must be submitted before that 1st of the new month. If notification is not received by the 1st of the month, no credits or refunds will be given and tuition will still be due. However, students will be encouraged to take lessons for the month since they have paid for it.
Email: [email protected]
If the student withdraws before the 4th installment, all lessons will turn into "pay-as-you-take" lessons and may have a balance on account which will need to be paid.
WITHDRAWAL PROCEDURES (GROUP CLASSES)
A full refund (minus $20 for admin fees) will be granted when the office receives an official withdrawal form for a student prior to the first scheduled class meeting. A pro-rated refund may be given after the first scheduled class and after the 2nd class, there will not be any refund.
PAST DUE ACCOUNTS
The office will notify families and teachers of any past-due accounts. Lessons will be temporarily suspended until the account is settled. Lochwood teachers will not teach the student during this time (if there is a problem paying, please contact the office immediately and let us help). Lochwood will let the teacher know when lessons will resume. Suspended lessons may NOT be made up.
GROUP CLASS CANCELLATIONS
Group classes are subject to minimum enrollment. Courses are sometimes cancelled as late as the day of the first class meeting. If your course is cancelled, you will be contacted and given the option of substituting another course or receiving a full refund.
Our policies will allow us to continue to build a legacy of great music education. Please notice that these policies are subject to change at any time with or without notice. This online version will always be the most up-to-date version.